Saturday, January 23, 2010

A garland & some music on a Friday night

Note in my calendar
getting ready
the pieces of the garland
the sewing bit
finished...

Friday. Weekend. Already. This week really seemed like flying by...it was so busy and it is good that the weekend starts now.
I made this little drawing in my calendar the other day to remind me to make a little garland for the space where those little bags where hanging for a while. I always wanted to sew one and now as I have collected a few nice fabrics I finally found the time to sit down and make the magic noises with my sewing maching...tzzztzzstzzs...

IMG_1760
I was sitting in the train from Berlin to Hamburg today watching the white landscape flying by outside and listening to this song.. Just the trees and houses popping up every now and than showed that we were not driving through a snow desert... I love Grizzy Bear...and I was still listening to their album while sewing tonight...

Anyways, I hope you all have a great Friday night...

Take care
Maria

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, and I really love your garland!
My Friday night should be quiet, just the way I like them...

elena gold said...

happy weekend maria!

Marion said...

Oh yes Berlin is so cold ! but so fun !
Hope your fashion week was cool, I witnessed the hugo boss show at the hamburger bahnhof... Handsome boys around... ;-)
Liebe Grusse

●• Thereza said...

Maria, that garland is just so beautiful! you inspire me to get going with my sewing machine... happy weekend!

Irene said...

die girlande ist wunderschön, maria! und grizzly bear mag ich auch sehr gerne :) schönen sonntagabend!

montague said...

cute tin!

Fine Little Day said...

What a nice sewing project, the garlands turned out great!

Nathan Williams said...

my wife and i love the idea of those garlands.. we were just staring at them to figure out how to make them.
we'll let you know if we make something similar ourselves!..

the photos on your blog are incredible, a style I enjoy a lot. thanks

pierre said...

thank's Maria !
i know your lovely blog already by Marion...

Anonymous said...

these look positively magical!
they must go on my to-do list.