Thursday, June 24, 2010

and I had Tuesday off too

Breakfast on the balcony
GängeviertelGängeviertel
Dancer in the city
Gängeviertel
Hello!
Maler
Watching TV
Gängeviertel
Looking good?!
Laundry
Green oasis
Heart
me-

I started the day yesterday with a nice breakfast on the balcony.
The sun was shining and I really enjoyed having the whole day in front of me with not a fixed plan how to spend it.
I biked to the city and passed the Gängeviertel. An area in which artists use spaces which are owned by the city but which doesn't really take care of it. There were so many little corners to explore.

I think it is great having usual workdays off, every now and then...
It feels a bit like being outside of the wheel in a more observing and watching role, like being able to enter and leave peoples' everyday life and very different to a Sunday for example...This sounds weird I know, but it is hard to explain : )

10 comments :

merel said...

I understand you..it sounds not weird.I like to see people in there hasty position while I have all time of the world. Its gives me a homy feeling. Funnny don´t you think?

Marion said...

Yep, I love to have a day off when the other people are working.
it has to do with feeling free probably !

jokemijn said...

no, it doesn't sound weird, i think sundays are different from every other weekday and watching people rush by and imagining what they have been doing is really a relaxing way to spend your day off.
I love these pictures of the artist neighborhood. It seemed like a circus camp to me at first.

Julia said...

schöne fotos (mal wieder:)!
das gängeviertel klingt sehr interessant, wenn ich nach hamburg komme, muss ich da unbedingt hin. dachte auf den ersten blick es wär sowas wie die wagengruppe.
das mit dem freien tag versteh ich gut, das is dann ein bisschen so, als konntest du mitten in einem fluss stehen bleiben und die strömung vorbeirauschen spüren...

Anne said...

Wow, is the "Maler" one a reserved parking space for an artist? First time I ever see one!

raichel said...

I totally agree with you.
Workdays off are the best!!!

greetings from Spain

●• Thereza said...

ohh maria, i wish i had your eye for photography... those are ace!

Trula said...

wonderful. 'sieht doch gut aus' made me laugh. I was asking about the XX. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

@Merel: Yes, it is funny : )
@Marion: Yes, it is does feel very free
@jokemijn: You are right..it really does seem a bit like a circus camp: )it is a lovely place in the middle of the city here
@bananenblatt: danke dir : ) und der vergleich mit der strömung stimmt total : )
@anne: what a great thought...I am not sure if they park there..and if just the painters..but it is a funny thought
@raichel: thank Raichel : )
@Thereza: Oh dear Thereza...you are so talented..I think you have an amazing eye and sense for great things
@Trula: Oh the XX..they were sooo amazing..

Shinya said...

You take some very awesome photos!