Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sarah's work


'Ahhh and oooh', I think is what I say when I see a new illustration or any form of work of Sarah Illenberger.
I remember that after I saw the knitted organs she made for the Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazin (which is German and was published a while ago) that I looked up her website to actually realize that so many other clever things I have seen in magazines before were made by her.

I am always quiet fascinated by the way how she interprets a theme or an article in her way..
Have a look at this series in the Neon magazine about envy. Just great.
I also love her chilli con carne and her breakfast.
She is a wiz with the scissor.



12 comments :

jana said...

wow! diese bilder aus der neon fand ich damals auch ganz toll. hab aber nie geforscht wer die gemacht hat. danke für den link!
dir auch einen lieben gruss maria. wie du siehst, hänge ich bis jetzt noch im internet fest anstatt zu arbeiten....jetzt ist aber schluss :)

M A R I E said...

Haha, that's so cool!

Kim said...

love this, reminds me of thomas demand too :)

JoeyNomad said...

this is such a nice blog - love discovering blogs writte by other expats! Viele Gruesse!

Pascal PONCHON said...

Hi Maria!
This picture is for you:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46683807@N02/5036108456/
PS, thanks for your comment!

Anne said...

Very striking works, thanks for the discovery!

tanïa said...

Jaaa, super, die Beilage der Süddeutschen hab ich auch aufbewahrt, weil ich die Strickorgane so großartig fand!!

MANDY said...

Wow these are so great !!!

kristina - no penny for them said...

so cool!

E R I N said...

o0o0o0o
i'm realllly loving these!

WSAKE said...

i think her work is pretty impressive. what i like most about the chili con carne are the little spice heaps - such a genius idea...

PROVINS said...

Absolutely amazing!!