Monday, October 18, 2010

A Monday walk

IMG_5316
...
Exchange
Ahoy?!
...
...llery
groceries

Did you have a good weekend?
I went to this pool in the Botanic Gardens yesterday. It was so great to swim a few lanes, to read in my book afterwards and just walk home with the towel over my shoulder. I really enjoyed this and plan on doing this more often.
And today was another very nice Spring day here in Sydney. I decided to go out for a walk and also bring my camera with me...

#1 I was fascinated by the plants which seem to grow out of this building
#2 Some street art
#3 The sun was just so beautiful today
#4 birds
#5 An anchor, which made me think of Hamburg
#6 I love this tree with its amazing red flowers - it is so exotic to me
#7 'llery'
#8 Some fruits and veggies for a nice Spring soup

Oh and tomorrow is a special day here on Schorlemädchen, you should pop by again and see what is happening :)

Maria

14 comments :

sandra said...

ich glaube, ich schon weiss was morgen passiert :) lovely lovely lovely pictures and that swim sound fantastic, i love to go swimming!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Die Bilder sind wirklich unglaublich schön. Ich liebe das mit diesen merkwürdigen jedoch bildschönen Blüten. Allerliebst, Alice :)

fast times in münchen. said...

stop it! it's 7 degrees here in munchen today. 7! your photos seem to capture everything i love about sydney. and is that a mango i spy in that box? unglaublich.
xxx
p.s love bottle brush flowers.

Kasa said...

Lovely birds!

Unknown said...

Super Fotos, mir gefällt besonders das Backsteinhaus (liegt vielleicht an der HH-Vergangenheit) und diese Pflanze mit den roten "Flaschenreinigern" ist der absolute Hit!

MANDY said...

Great photos, love that first building and those birds, have a great week XXX

and flowers pick themselves said...

LOVE the street art! so wonderful.

xo Alison

tanïa said...

Oooh, ich mag die Vögel! Wunderbare Serie wieder mal! Mein Wochenende war zwar auch schön, nur leider mit Regen, Kälte und Nebel statt strahlendem Sonnenschein! ;o)

jana said...

tolle gemüsekiste! und tolle vögelchen.
danke für die mail, ich schreib dir schnell zurück :)

elizabeth said...

I just found your blog through Tiny Happy. Your photos are lovely! I live in Sydney, too. The red flowers are called Bottle Brush flowers! They are lovely aren't they. They grow everywhere here - and attract a lot of really beautiful birds, too. Here's a link about them http://www.anbg.gov.au/callistemon/

whitney said...

thanks for the advice on the shoes. and congratulations on the tiny happy giveaway!
i love this sequence of photos. those vegetables look delicious, and i don't even really like vegetables. :)

paddle to shore said...

Love the street art. I wish I would have had some time this morning for a nice little stroll.

Bárbara said...

i like that street art!! thanks for sharing that lovely pics :)

Anonymous said...

nice pictures, I like all the prints on the walls too!