Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random

Bright stripe I
Bright stripe II
Sewing project
Sewing projects
Sewing projects
Sewing projects
pileBrooklyn Diary
Brooklyn Diary

Yesterday on my walk into the city I saw this cat sitting on the street, getting her back warmed by the sun. Later when I was waiting for the train, I realized this stripe of brightness across of me and thought that somehow those two images fit together...

Anyways, I wanted to show you a few of the things I made the last couple of weeks. Most of them are gifts for friends.
#1 a passport bag for a friend who is going to travel soon
#2 a really small clutch bag :)
#3 a bag for friend with a huge cd collection, you put the cd case in the bag while you are playing the cd
#4 because I like triangles ;)

Well and I also wanted to share the small pile of books and magazines I collected recently. The Brooklyn diary came yesterday, and it is such a beautiful book, full of amazing pictures and inspirations. It made me wish to go to Brooklyn right away. I am sure I will go through it many, many times.

Hope you are all well,
Maria

16 comments :

Marie-Luise said...

how fantastic is frankie magazine! i can also recommend 'yen' magazine too, the same sort of genre.
have fun :)

fast times in münchen. said...

frankie, yes yes. i second the yen comment. ruush is good too. and lula. and dumbo feather. i found a great store here called sodabooks and now i am poor. x

kelly louise said...

Love the things you have made, especially the clutch. Care to write up a 'how to'?

Anonymous said...

"NOW PLAYING"
mine
mine
mine
_sastex

MANDY said...

Hows that, my Brooklyn Diary arrived yesterday too .... I love it so much, I have actually just posted about it on my blog too !!!
I want to go to Brooklyn soooo much !!!

ann.meer said...

hast du vielleicht einen geheimtipp für ein gutes deutsches magazin? sowas wie das frankie vielleicht? oder die cut?


ich suche mich oft dumm und dämlich aber so richtig was passendes finde ich nicht.

wundervolles kissen! habe mich auch schon daran versucht aber es wurde leider krumm und schief :/

MrsLittleJeans said...

I love the clutch, the pictures, and that kitty...oh, the kitty!

Tiffany said...

the brooklyn diary is so amazing in that it shows just how many creative people are crammed into one place.

amy said...

oh i'm still waiting for my brooklyn diary in the mail!

Rebecca said...

Great cushion. Did you sew it by hand? :)

Kim said...

Love the cat :) xx

Anonymous said...

love the triangle cushion...

i'm making a quilt at the moment in a similar design: wish i'd thought to do a cushion first though..!

am enjoying the process but it takes a long time. but your picture has inspired me to turn off the computer and go and work on it!!

; said...

Oh..! I need to get the brooklyn diary myself, it looks so good. And maybe it makes me to start save money for my future New York trip.. :) Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog a while ago and just wanted to say that I think it's lovely!
And the gentlewoman as well as the brooklyn diary lay on my bedside-table as well - they are both filled with sheer brilliance, I find!

Angela said...

I love your cushion! Very cool!

Christoph said...

Die CD-Tasche ist super! Bei mir fliegen die leeren Hüllen immer nur so unansehnlich herum.