Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 - a new year

Summer in Sydney
Summer in Sydney
Summer in Sydney
Summer in Sydney
Summer in Sydney
Untitled
Summer in Sydney

The new year is already some days old and everything is slowly getting back into the swing of things. I am a bit sad that the holidays are already over as I could have easily spend some more days with swimming in the ocean, eating lots of stone fruits, reading on the couch, having afternoon naps, crafting on little projects or hanging out with friends.....  Apart from enjoying this beautiful Summer by being outside a lot I also really like to be at home. I especially enjoy the different light which seems to wander between the rooms.

I was thinking lately if I should get my digital camera out again in order to being able to show the results of my weekend photo excursions more promptly? I haven't really decided yet ....what do you think?

I am excited for the new year...there will be some traveling...in the end of the month we will be in Tasmania again and I really look forward to it as we had such a great time when we went last.

I also worked on a little project in November and will be able to tell you more about it in a couple of weeks time. I am quiet excited to talk about it and to show you the results....

Have a good start into the new year....
maria

20 comments :

Hello Sandwich said...

so pretty! Is that a Christmas Cracker? Or a wrapped treat? So lovely. I loved reading your lovely words about summer. Reminds me to eat more stone fruits!
Love Sandwich
xoxo

Anonymous said...

:) Ebony, that was a gift wrapped by the lovely Mel Watkins :) she knows how to wrap a gift :)

Unknown said...

you really should get your digital camera and share some pics with us.
happy new year!

by the way, your vase is amazing! loved the design.

best
n.

Monika said...

beautiful photos!
I love analogue:)

shurupchik said...

Have a good new year start as well!!!
I like the idea of you using your digital camera, but the flair of film photos is still something special! )
looking forward seing your project results!

Birdie said...

Happy 2013 Maria !
Film is better... but sometimes digital is more pratictal :)

Ilmarie said...

Your pictures will be beautiful, whether you use an analog or a digital camera ;-)
In this post, I especially like the second one...the light and the colours, just wonderful!
Is the project you'll be talking about something job-related or just private fun? Anyway, I am curios to know what's your profession!

david and elizabeth said...

Your beautiful film pictures always inspire me. The light and soft beauty always encourages me to learn a little more about how to shoot film.
Happy New Year!

Maxime said...

Happy New Year,Maria! you can alternate digital and film from time to time, as it was said in the previous comments, digital sometimes is more practical.

Debie Grace said...

Your home looks very comfortable. That light from the window are so comforting to look at. ;)

alessandra said...

happy new year maria! a great way to start your year...tasmania....seems a dream to me! x

* HOPSCOTCH * ~ Charlyn said...

Happy 2013, Maria!
Cozy, cozy photos here.....mmmm.... :)
xoxoxoxo

katinka said...

I love your analogue pictures for their overall look and feel, they make everything so soft and having gotten to you know you a bit in the past weeks I believe they very much fit to your personality a lot.

However I can understand your urge to be able to share images more immediately (I know it very much - it's the reason why I hardly end up taking analogue pictures despite a quite huge camera collection back at home)...

I am curious on how you decide, but please never give up your analogue endeavors! :)

querido diário said...

i can wait for your film pictures,i´m not a great fan of digital!

Your house is beautiful :)

Cati Basmati said...

If I get to pick, I'd say: get that digital one of yours out and start shooting, then share promptly to shorten my waiting time for the film versions :-)
But I guess asking for both is asking too much, right? Stick with the Analogkamera, that seems to be your style.
All the best for 2013,
Cati

DAKOTA said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL - as always!

petit sweet said...

LOVE your blog!

Camila Faria said...

I love all your pics and I have a thing for analogic photography, so... But I'm with Cati, can't you give us both? ;)

that kate said...

Your film photos are making me want to get my Canon AV-1 back out as I had switched to digital for a while to see what it felt like - but now I am missing it a great deal so may just dip between the two now :) Your images are wonderful!

that kate said...

Your film photos are making me want to get my Canon AV-1 back out as I had switched to digital for a while to see what it felt like - but now I am missing it a great deal so may just dip between the two now :) Your images are wonderful!